Monday, October 5, 2009

MooNcaKE FesTival CelEBraTion

Mooncake Festival also known as Lantern Festival. It is a popular festival celebrated by Chinese people. This festival usually held aroung late of september or early October. For this year, 2009. Our mooncake festival fall on 03.10.2009.

My cute MATAO lantern

Accompanying this celebration, there are additional cultural. Normally, we celebrate this festival with our family. However, for this year, i celebrated with my cell group members in Kuala Lumpur.

The girls were preparing to light the candles for the lanterns. Carrying brightly lit lanterns is the must for this celebration.

Thanks god for this night, no strong wind blowing. Therefore, we hang our lanterns at the corridor for whole night. We admired the bright lanterns together. Em...Seems like we forgot the moon^^But, still a happy celebration.


I invited Simon and Aaron to join my cell group for this celebration day. How a wonderful and warm gathering with them. Chit chatting, bluffing around...laughter endlessly.

Wow...how great. We prepared beef, chicken meat, prawn, squids, fishballs, hotdogs, crab meats, toufu, flavored roasted seaweed, enoki mushroom, straw mushroom, and some vegetables, meehoon, honeydew and watermelon. Yummy^^delicious...


Here is some of my cg members, and some already going back to their hometown for holiday. But somehow, our heartsss are always linked together. Cass, see all your spiritual son and daughters here gathered together. Actually Samantha is here too.But...
She said, she don't want to take photo cause she didn't make up. So...she is not in the photo.hihi.

There is no denying, it is a great celebration and gathering for me. Thanks god for everything that He gave me. I love to stay in community. And i m really happy and excited to be with my cell group, my another small family here. Happy Mooncake Festival to all^^

1 comment:

  1. WOW! All grown up already. So happy to see you all. Hope that I will be the part of you all. :)

    ReplyDelete